Otherwise known as orange oil, this particular essential oil has been shown to be a very useful product for multiple purposes. It’s a very strong, concentrated oil that has been derived from numerous plants. It’s taken from the rind of a sweet orange and is done via using a cold pressing technique. Sometimes, leaves and flowers from an orange plant can be used also.
The end result, though, is a deeply powerful oil that has been linked with healthcare and general care in many ways. How, though? What can using sweet orange oil actually do for you if you were to start using it on a regular basis?
Sweet Orange Oil For Hair: Benefits
Alongside helping to naturally decrease fatigue, sweet orange oil has been shown to have numerous uses across the board. It’s become a common choice for many people to turn to as a hair solution, though. What kind of benefits could one expect if they were to use sweet orange oil in their hair?
- It’s been shown to have strong antimicrobial effects, which can be great for hair health overall.
- It’s also been linked with having anti-fungal features, helping to kill off scalp infections.
- Some studies also link orange essential oil to reducing depression, which could be good for hair health.
- By helping to lock in moisture, it can help to reduce the brittle nature of your hair naturally.
- Sweet orange oil helps to stimulate the roots of our hair via nutritional intake, stimulating growth.
- The presence of Vitamin C is in high quantities, too, which can further help with hair growth.
Sweet Orange Oil Side Effects
When used without dilution, sweet orange oil can lead to some skin irritation and reaction. Always try it on a small part of your skin, like the inside of your arm, before trying it anywhere else. it can also lead to some issues, such as avoiding usage if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, speak to a doctor if you are using any kind of prescription medication.
Written by Jordan Prichard. Medically reviewed by Dr. Shane Jackson, MBBS. Last modified on 20/05/2020.
Dr. Shane Jackson a UK based doctor, working within the NHS for 9 years. With experience in both Medicine and Surgery, his time is now spent mainly in Elderly care and Rehabilitation. Outside of his clinical work he has a strong educational presence, teaching undergraduates and foreign doctors wishing to work in the UK. He is passionate about the dissemination of healthcare for all, providing consultancy for health, well-being and biotech startups worldwide. Dr. Jackson is the founder of Acrosophy, which helps school leavers applying to medical, dental and associated courses at the top universities in the country.
Feel free to connect with him on LinkedIn.