Lime oil has become very popular among the hair and beauty industry for various reasons. It’s known to be a very powerful resource, having become a volatile by-product of the lime tree. It’s obtained from the leaves and the peels that come from the tree itself. For many aromatherapy sessions, lime oil is a must use. For those who are looking for a solution for natural hair care, too, lime oil is very powerful.
It’s a natural form of antibacterial and disinfectant cleaning, as well as providing a source of natural antiseptic care. For that reason, lime oil is a deeply popular choice among those who want to care for their body and skin naturally.
Lime Oil For Hair: Benefits
With the help of lime oil for hair, you could notice some improvements in the way that your hair looks and feels. Just some of the long-term benefits of using lime oil in your hair include:
- Killing off skin and scalp infections, as its’ a vital form of natural antibacterial care.
- Detoxifies the body, helping to get rid of free radicals limiting your hair growth.
- Heals wounds, making sure your scalp can be free from injuries and pain.
- It’s a powerful antifungal and antimicrobial substance, too.
- Provides our body with easy access to vital antioxidants to promote healthy hair.
- Kills off dandruff and can add life to your frizzy, oily hair.
Lime Oil Side Effects
Of course, like using any other kind of essential oil product you might run into some issues in the long-term. To stay vigilant and aware of the issues that you could have with lime oil, then look out of the following side effects of using this essential oil:
- Photo-sensitivity is common when using lime oil, so keep that in mind.
- Another common issue is that you could limit your immune system over time.
- Lime oil can harm your skin if applied directly, so always dilute properly.
Written by Jordan Prichard. Medically reviewed by Dr. Shane Jackson, MBBS. Last modified on 20/05/2020.
Dr. Shane Jackson a UK based doctor, working within the NHS for 9 years. With experience in both Medicine and Surgery, his time is now spent mainly in Elderly care and Rehabilitation. Outside of his clinical work he has a strong educational presence, teaching undergraduates and foreign doctors wishing to work in the UK. He is passionate about the dissemination of healthcare for all, providing consultancy for health, well-being and biotech startups worldwide. Dr. Jackson is the founder of Acrosophy, which helps school leavers applying to medical, dental and associated courses at the top universities in the country.
Feel free to connect with him on LinkedIn.