When it comes to caring for our bodies, there are a wide variety of natural products out there that we can put to good use. Many people use frangipani essential oil as a natural solution to help moisturise and improve the overall condition of our skin. Derived from the frangipani plant, this essential oil has become particularly popular in the beauty industry and is found in many products that help care for our hair and skin. Let's take a further look in to the benefits linked to using frangipani essential oil to improve the condition of our hair.
Frangipani Oil For Hair: Benefits
- This is a natural moisturiser, just as it works for your skin, frangipani essential oil is great for achieving smoother and softer hair.
- By combating dryness of the scalp, frangipani oil can help to get rid of dandruff.
- Frangipani essential oil has anti-inflamatory properties that reduce the risk of swelling which is great for calming and soothing irritated scalps.
- Anti-oxidant properties are perfect for detoxing the scalp which can help your hair grow stronger.
- It’s also noted as being useful for reducing pain intensity.
Frangipani Oil Side Effects
One thing that you might find with frangipani oil is that it can be quite strong on the skin. We recommend diluting this with a carrier oil as much as you can before applying to your hair, skin or scalp.
Also please note that this has been recommended to be avoided if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Those who are suffering from any kind of underlying illness have been recommended to avoid using frangipani oil. As always, we recommend you speak to a healthcare professional to see if frangipani essential oil is suitable for you.
Written by Jordan Prichard. Medically reviewed by Dr. Shane Jackson, MBBS. Last modified on 20/05/2020.
Dr. Shane Jackson a UK based doctor, working within the NHS for 9 years. With experience in both Medicine and Surgery, his time is now spent mainly in Elderly care and Rehabilitation. Outside of his clinical work he has a strong educational presence, teaching undergraduates and foreign doctors wishing to work in the UK. He is passionate about the dissemination of healthcare for all, providing consultancy for health, well-being and biotech startups worldwide. Dr. Jackson is the founder of Acrosophy, which helps school leavers applying to medical, dental and associated courses at the top universities in the country.
Feel free to connect with him on LinkedIn.